FREEBIE FRIDAY! Win “Mickey Mouse: Race to Death Valley” collector’s item book

Freebie Friday: Win a collector's item Mickey Mouse book: Race to Death ValleySPONSORED POST: I’m giving away FIVE copies of the super cool coffee table book Mickey Mouse: Race to Death Valley by Floyd Gottfredson. These books are not available for purchase in Australia and are valued at $50 each. Tres chic, oui? So, how to get your hands on your very own copy…

To promote the new Disney mobile game Where’s My Mickey, available on iPad, iPhone, or Android tablet or phone for just $1.99, Disney is giving away five copies of their collector’s item coffee table book, Mickey Mouse: Race to Death Valley.

A word from our sponsors:

Players can immerse themselves in the ultimate mobile gaming experience as they watch funny episodes while solving challenging puzzles. Fans of Where’s My Water? will enjoy the tap, swipe, and swirl physics gameplay while also being introduced to new wind, rain and plant mechanics in helping Mickey collect water and complete each story.  Within each episode, players are also introduced to original animated levels where players must complete the episode to see how the animation ends!

To see a trailer of how the game works:

And now back to your host, me:

So, that’s it. I’ve tried the game, the kids have played it. They love it. I love it. We’re long-time fans of Where’s my water here. Although, lately we play it because someone accidentally switched it to French language and we’re laughing at the alligator and the funny French expressions!

I don’t keep up with what’s cool and what’s not, and it may very well be that Disney is not cool at the moment, but this game has educational elements to it, which makes it cool to me. It’s a problem solving game that requires a bit of thinking.

How to win:

It’s easy! Simply leave a comment below and tell me, who is your favourite Disney character. I was going to make it a bit harder and ask for the name of the very first Mickey Mouse cartoon, but in the Google age, there’s really no such thing as a harder question.

So, who’s your favourite Disney character? It’s that easy. If you’re stumped for a character aside from Mickey, I’ve done the googling for you – here is the list of Disney characters listed alphabetically (be warned – it’s loooong!).

And if you want TWO chances to win, get a friend to enter. They’re in with a shot, and you’ve got two chances to win! (When your friend posts a comment, make sure they put your name in brackets somewhere in the post, so I can credit you with the additional ticket to win).

12 comments for “FREEBIE FRIDAY! Win “Mickey Mouse: Race to Death Valley” collector’s item book

1. Effie Bakkalis
    June 28, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I love Cinderella – her tale shows us that no matter how downtrodden you are, never give up. Good things will always come to those who wait! (Plus she also gets to wear groovy glass stilletos!)

2. June 30, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Simba, love this cartoon, The Lion King still makes me cry and my kids love it. They don’t cry, they give me cuddles!

3. Marie
    June 30, 2013 at 3:58 pm

We love Pluto, especially the puppy episodes

4. Rachel
    June 30, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Rapunzel. She’s a strong, smart, capable, independent woman, quite able to save herself without help from her love interest Eugene. The romance is kind of cute though and not your classic Prince saves helpless Princess with an absent mother. Oh and on a more superficial level… she has great hair 😉

5. June 30, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Crush – sea turtle from finding nemo. While other parents are over protecting their children and not allowing them to experience life and learn, Crush watches his offspring from afar to see how they handle different situations, but always there in case they need him.

6. Nicole
    June 30, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Bambi remember going to the movies when I was young with my friend. I started crying and my mum thought it was the movie but I had spilt my popcorn. Now when I watch it still makes me smile.

7. June 30, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Goofy – what is he exactly? – loved seeing him interacting with Herbie the Love Bug at Disney on Parade in Melbourne in the 70’s.
    Clarabelle Cow was a lot of fun too. I always wondered why Pluto couldn’t talk like the rest of the Mickey Mouse crowd.

• Rachel
      July 1, 2013 at 8:33 am

He’s a goof. I asked if he was a cow when I was working for Disney many years ago and I was told emphatically that he is a goof! 🙂

8. Rachelle
    June 30, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Donald Duck’s three nephews – Huey, Dewey, and Louie. They are cute and so funny

9. Anne
    July 1, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I was frightened of the Mickey characters so I hid behind the seat at the cinema. I have yet to see the end of Bambi. Even though it was good I was worn out with the kids and fell asleep. (Rachel v S)

10. Sarahbean
    July 1, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Pluto. Always Pluto <3

11. Toni pattie
    July 3, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I have always liked Minnie Mouse myself

I would love it if you would tap out a few words here!